نوع مطلب :مطالب مفید درسی و مقالات ،
as black as a skillet
- very black
hands were as black as a skillet when I finished working on the car engine.
as black as a stack of black cats
- very black
little boy was as black as a stack of black cats after playing outside all day.
as black as a sweep
- very dirty or black (a chimney sweep cleans chimneys and becomes very black)
friend was as black as a sweep after he finished cleaning the basement.
as black as coal
- very black
friend's cat is as black as coal.
as black as night
- very dark and black
old house was as black as night when we entered it.
as black as pitch
- very black
face was as black as pitch after cleaning the stove all morning.
as black as the ace of spades
- very black
horse in the parade was as black as the ace of spades.
black and blue
shoulder was black and blue after I fell down the stairs.
black and white
- either good or bad, either one way or the other way, oversimplified
boss sees everything in black and white.
- an electronic device such as a flight recorder that can be removed from an aircraft as a single package
investigators searched for a long time in order to find the black box of the
- a bruise near one's eye which makes it appear black
man received a black eye when he bumped into the closed door.
- the place where goods or money are illegally bought and sold
sold some cigarettes on the black market during our travels.
- to darken a room or building by turning off the lights
the war, people in the cities were forced to black out their windows so nobody
could see them.
- to lose consciousness
man blacked out during the parade and he had to sit down and rest.
black sheep (of a family)
- a person who is a disgrace to a family or group
man is the black sheep in his family and has not made a success of his life.
- to exclude or ostracize someone socially, to reject someone
businessman was blackballed in the industry because of his bad business
- to exclude or ostracize someone, to write someone's name on a list if they break some rules
sports federation blacklisted the swimmer because he was using steroids.
- to extort or take money from someone by threatening him or her
photographer tried to blackmail the famous actress with some photographs that
he had taken.
- a temporary situation where you do not release some information
government decided to have a blackout regarding the political prisoner.
- a formal event where guests wear semi-formal clothes with men wearing black bow ties with tuxedos or dinner jackets
award ceremony for the movie awards was a black-tie affair.
in black and white
- in writing, officially
put down my complaint in black and white.
in (someone's) black books
- to be in disgrace or in disfavor with someone
boy is in his girlfriend's black books because he was late for their date.
in the black
- to be successful or profitable
company has been in the black since they began to cut costs.
- very black, as black as pitch
road was pitch-black and we could not see anything.
pot calling the kettle black
- the person who criticizes or accuses someone else is as guilty as the person he or she criticizes or accuses
friend criticized me for not changing jobs but that is like the pot calling the
kettle black. She will not change jobs either.
put (something) down in black and white
- to write the details of a contract or something on paperI asked the buyer to put the offer to buy my car down in black and white.
چند ضرب المثل انگلیسی چهارشنبه 5 مهر 1391
نمونه هایی از گفتگوهای تجاری (بخش دوم) چهارشنبه 5 مهر 1391
نمونه هایی از گفتگوهای تجاری (بخش اول) چهارشنبه 5 مهر 1391
اندرزهای شکسپیر برای لذت از زندگی دوشنبه 27 شهریور 1391
چند اصطلاح در بر دارنده ی نام های حیوانات به صورت تست های چند گزینه ای شنبه 21 مرداد 1391
برخی لغات انگلیسی که ریشه فارسی دارند. چهارشنبه 13 مهر 1390
تقویت مهارت خواندن و درک مفاهیم جمعه 18 شهریور 1390
نمونه سوال: شعر ساده دوشنبه 13 تیر 1390
Beauty شنبه 11 تیر 1390
Paradox of Our Times شنبه 11 تیر 1390
مقاله: معیارهای ترجمه متون دینی شنبه 11 تیر 1390
پیشنهادهایی در ترجمه نوشته های علمی و تحقیقی (بخش دوم) شنبه 11 تیر 1390
پیشنهادهایی در ترجمه نوشته های علمی و تحقیقی (بخش اول) شنبه 11 تیر 1390
مقاله: پست مدرنیسـم و فرآینـد جهـانی شدن شنبه 11 تیر 1390
معرفی کتاب برای listening جمعه 3 تیر 1390
معرفی کتاب برای یادگیری grammar جمعه 3 تیر 1390
ده سوالی که خداوند از شما نمی پرسد... دوشنبه 30 خرداد 1390
چگونه انگلیسی بنویسیم شنبه 28 خرداد 1390
نمونه سوال اصول و روش ترجمه جمعه 20 خرداد 1390
روش تشخیص main idea چهارشنبه 18 خرداد 1390
چگونه مهارت درک مطلب را بهبود بخشیم. چهارشنبه 18 خرداد 1390
آموزش ابتدایی زبان انگلیسی ( بخش سیزدهم) دوشنبه 9 خرداد 1390
آموزش ابتدایی زبان انگلیسی ( بخش دوازدهم) دوشنبه 9 خرداد 1390
آموزش ابتدایی زبان انگلیسی (بخش یازدهم) دوشنبه 9 خرداد 1390
آموزش ابتدایی زبان انگلیسی (بخش دهم) سه شنبه 3 خرداد 1390
آموزش ابتدایی زبان انگلیسی (بخش نهم) سه شنبه 3 خرداد 1390
آموزش ابتدایی زبان انگلیسی (بخش هشتم) سه شنبه 3 خرداد 1390
آموزش ابتدایی زبان انگلیسی (بخش هفتم) سه شنبه 3 خرداد 1390
آموزش ابتدایی زبان انگلیسی (بخش ششم) سه شنبه 3 خرداد 1390
لیست آخرین پستها